[Mg-t] Valve stem pre-lube

Rick Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 04:42:09 MDT 2013

Morning Friends,

Once again, I ask for (and appreciate) your sage advice.

Upon final assembly of valves in their guides, I have historically used assembly-lube and have never had a problem. B However, the TD workshop manual for the XPAG recommends using clean motor oil. B Is that because oil is better than assembly-lube in this application, or because the manual pre-dates the common used of assembly-lube?

Your opinions are appreciated.B

-rick
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII - the rectangle with rounded corners, just like a BlackBerry.