[Mg-t] Wind Wings, waste of money?

Mike E redscirocco at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:55:48 MDT 2013

Me too.  I have a pair of OEM (I think) wind wings for my TF.  It's still
windy in the cockpit, but the wind doesn't blow the contact lens out of my
left eye.  It's a much more pleasant drive.
If you're looking to substantially pare down the wind, you might investigate
the use of wind wings with one of those wind blockers behind the seats.  I
haven't been in a car with that setup, but I understand it makes a big
difference.
The other, more traditional but less fun alternative is to drive with side
curtains up and top down.  It's really quite nice inside the cockpit with the
side curtains on, but somehow it detracts from the enjoyment.  And the view.
-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT