[Mg-t] clutch rod frustrations

Douglas Ormrod Douglas.Ormrod at Neurological.org.nz
Sat Oct 15 03:22:54 MDT 2011

Hi T people

My shiny new Moss clutch rod arrived today so I off I went to fit it this
evening. After a neck wrenching  hour or so on my back I have discovered it
don't fit either way up - will not line up with the pivot. Comparing it with
my broken one (which was a new Moss one 7 or 8 years ago) I find the new one
looks like a mirror image of the old one and bends the opposite way.

So I am thinking their must be a LHD and RHD one, although Moss only list one
for this part. My car is RHD.  I think that with the application of a little
heat around the area of the bend nearest the pedal and can make it the right
shape. But thought I would check first that there is a difference between the
shape of the rod on the LHD and RHD cars. Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

Douglas