[Mg-t] embarrassing question

Lawrie Alexander lawrie at britcars.com
Wed Oct 12 17:35:16 MDT 2011

Surprisingly, Gene, it's the middle-thickness one if you can get that in the
groove; sometimes even that one is too thick. In the latter case, use the
thinnest one.

It's important to make sure that there isn't an old one stuck deep in there!
Usually, leaks at this point are because the old one hasn't been taken out.
Use a pick to dig around and check. If the old one has been there for some
years, it will feel hard and even look like metal. You have to make sure you
are really down to metal before you try and fit a new one ..........

Lawrie