[Mg-t] TD clutch rod broke

John Seim kingseim at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 7 05:59:39 MDT 2011

The clutch rod is made from high carbon steel. It should be OK.
There are a few components that can accelerate the breaking of
a clutch rod. Mike O'Connor, of O'Connor Classic Automobiles,
wrote up a tech talk item about the TD/TF clutch. It talks about
filing a groove in the clutch lever on the engine, so that the
clutch rod does not get the bend in it. Quite a few good hints.

John Seim
Irvine, CA USA

http://www.oconnorclassics.com/techtalk_clutch.php