[Mg-t] TD clutch rod broke

Douglas Ormrod Douglas.Ormrod at Neurological.org.nz
Thu Oct 6 13:43:07 MDT 2011

Giday T people

Spring in New Zealand, so took the TD to work the other day. On the way home
the bottom clutch rod snapped just at the start of the thread at the front. I
got home under my own steam without the clutch  - although intersections were
exciting!

This was a new Moss part 3500 miles ago so a bit annoyed. I have ordered
another Moss one to get mobile again but I was wondering if I should use the
old one as a pattern to get a new one made up in stronger steel  using the
original yoke? Perhaps in stainless.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If I do get one made up what is the
best type of metal to specify?

Cheers

Douglas