[Mg-t] Posting

John F. Quilter jquilter at peoplepc.com
Mon Nov 7 13:10:52 MST 2011

The screws holding the brake drums on sound like what was used on a Morris
Minor or Bug Eye Sprite and on the earlier MGA.   The Morris and Sprite had
7 inch drums front and rear so are much smaller than the ones on a TD, but
the MGA ones were larger.  Could the car you are working on have been
converted to MGA brakes?  On all these the drums were separate from the
hubs.  Moss' on line catalogue shows these screws but their illustration
shows plain screws not Phillips like the originals and they come in two
lengths, 1/2 and 5/8ths inches.

John Quilter
Eugene, Oregon