[Mg-t] 3rd brake light

Carr&Edwards scvc70 at epix.net
Tue Sep 29 15:28:01 MDT 2009

For years I've been looking for something brighter than my TD's stock
taillights/turn signals, and at the Rhinebeck (NY) show this past May I
finally found what I wanted -- weatherproof, inconspicuous when off, very
noticeable when on.

The BrakeLighter is a long, thin LED bar that can be mounted inside or out,
positive or negative ground, for cars with or without turn signals; it's
available in both 6 volt and 12 volt versions.  I bought the 12-volt version
and (at the seller's direction) downloaded the 6v installation instructions
from the website and used them (the instructions packed with the 12v version
are only for negative ground).

A  pair of brackets custom-made from aluminum, like badge-bar clips used
upside-down, let us hang the light bar from the over-the-tire luggage rack.
The TD has a trailer hitch, so we just attached a plug to the BrakeLighter
wires and connected it to the trailer-light plug (don't need a 3rd light if
we're pulling the trailer--it has big lights).

See the sellers' website --  jandlenterprise.com  --  for details.  The light
is suitable for outside mount, although their ads do not say so.  (If you want
a photo of our set-up, contact me off-list.)

No financial interest, just a happy customer---------

Sarah Carr
TD3942EXLU in PA