[Mg-t] spark plug wires

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 08:12:40 MDT 2009

Hi Oliver,
   I checked through the T-Register CD looking for measurements without
success.
   My suggestion is to remove one at a time, measure the original and cut
the new one to same length allowing for any loss where insulation is cut
away, unless the original is too short in which case you would want to
make the new wire an inch or two longer.
   Some mark the spark plug connector with Roman numerals, I II III IIII,
with a triangular file. It's inconspicuous, yet handy to have them
marked.
   Those little copper washers over which you spread the wires become
invisible when dropped on the floor. Have a clean surface under your
working area and plenty of light.
   Finger snug is tight enough for the connections into the cap and for
the screws in spark plug connections. The bakelite will crack if the
connections are over tightened.
Bob