[Mg-t] Rusty nuts

Dave and Liz DuBois ddubois at sinclair.net
Wed Oct 14 20:39:20 MDT 2009

I wonder what size bolt and nut was used in this experiment since most
bolts on our cars would shear off long before 516 ftlbs was reached (often
the quickest and most expedient method of dealing with rusted fasteners as
long as a replacement is easily obtained.  Also, one of the best method I
have come across for getting stuck fasteners loose is to heat the joint as
hot as possible and then touch candle wax to the joint, then let it cool
and pull the wax into the joint.  Most of the time this works very well.
Cheers,
Dave