[Mg-t] TD Lubricants

taterry at aol.com taterry at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 08:24:17 MST 2009

John, start your research here:
http://www.team.net/sol/tech/fluidcht.html

-----Original Message-----
From: jvk52td at aol.com
To: mg-t at autox.team.net
Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2009 5:04 am
Subject: [Mg-t] TD Lubricants

I never received replies on this question so I am trying again...

I would like to know if there is anywhere to view a current up to date
list on
diferent types / brands of lubricants for the "T" cars.

My manual for the Midget Series TD & TF seems to be very dated.

Types, weights and or brands recommended ??

Engine ??

Gearbox  ??

Rear Axle ??

Anything I missed ??

Thanks,

John

The shop manual says to use 90W (80W-90) gear lube in the rack. I feel
that
this is definitely the lubricant to use there, but there are those who
will
disagree with that and contend that a good lithium based grease will
work
fine. The main thing is that some kind of lubricant be used in the
rack. I
have not heard of any racks disintegrating (or even wearing out)
regardless of
which is used.
Mg-t at autox.team.net