[Mg-t] TD front axle

Bob Grunau grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Mon May 25 16:27:42 MDT 2009

Mike,
The big washer should be dished so it does not contact the outer bearing
race when the nut is tight.  A flat washer will contact the outer race and
wear and cause problems.
If you change to sealed wheel bearings, no need to worry about the felt
washer etc.
Measure the inside diameter of the wheel hub and find a grease cap that fits
or make one, plastic aerosol can lid? The TD wheel hub cap will keep most of
the dirt away from the bearing.
Bob Grunau
TD owner since 18 Jan. 1958.