[Mg-t] [Mgs] Is Valvoline VR1 OK for everyday use?

Carl French leylandauto at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 14:14:10 MDT 2009

You are looking at the wrong oil. The VR1 racing oil makes no such claim on
it's site;

""
""The #1 selling racing motor oil.  High zinc provides race-level protection
for any vehicle.
												High zinc/phosphorus provides extreme wear
protection, including flat tappet applicationsAdditional friction modfiers to
help deliver maximum horsepowerEnhanced anti-foam system protects engine
during extreme stressCompatible with gasoline or alcohol fuelsAvailable
through leading auto parts retailers""
The site on the Valvoline.com site that talks about their non street legal
racing oil does indeed say low detergent in it's first line;

												Valvoline. Specialty Racing Oil ("Not Street Legal")
The low-detergent, high zinc racing oil optimized for track-use only, delivers
increased horspower and extreme wear protection
												High
zinc/phosphorus provides extreme wear protection, including flat tappet
applicationsLow detergent formula to deliver maximum horsepower on the
trackRecommended for race engines onlyCompatible with gasoline or alcohol
fuelsAvailable by request through NAPA, Carquest, O'Reilly, Jeg's and
performance shops served by Keystone Automotive

											 Now
for some reason my GT commuter car here at work has no spare oil in the back
so I cant check the back of the bottle to see what it says.
I'll keep looking cause the GT is my daily driver and I want to be careful
with it.
Carl