[Mg-t] questions

Bob Grunau grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 8 12:01:28 MDT 2009

Dave and Ed,
Dave, in general I agree with your torque table values, EXCEPT for the
rocker stand bolts. I like to use 25 ft-lbs ( you show 19 ft-lbs )  for the
8 mm bolts and 35 ft-lbs ( you show 43 ft-lbs ) for the 10 mm bolts. I have
broken 10 mm bolts trying to use 43 ft-lbs . I know Woody Woods in the XPAG
Engine book shows 29 ft-lbs for 8 mm and 43 ft-lbs for 10 mm but I feel
these numbers are too high.
Bob Grunau
Canada