[Mg-t] FW: 453-220_Axle Shaft_MG TD-TF_disparaging comment by Mike Eldred

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:44:41 MST 2009

From: redscirocco at hotmail.comTo: mgrant at mossmotors.comCC:
simbafish at comcast.net; alexanderl at mossmotors.com; mg-t at autox.team.netSubject:
RE: 453-220_Axle Shaft_MG TD-TF_disparaging comment by Mike EldredDate: Thu,
22 Jan 2009 18:41:00 -0500

Mr. Grant, Wow, Moss Motors communications intercept abilities rival those of
the NSA! As I said, that was the advice I got from more than one person.  But
I'm glad to hear your axles are quality-made in the USA. I'll be sure to tell
everyone. My name isn't on some kind of list now, is it?-Mike

Subject: 453-220_Axle Shaft_MG TD-TF_disparaging comment by Mike EldredDate:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:17:57 -0800From: mgrant at mossmotors.comTo:
redscirocco at hotmail.comCC: simbafish at comcast.net;
alexanderl at mossmotors.com7-881825 MIKE ELDRED 17 N. MAIN ST WILMINGTON      VT
05363   802-464-8710 Record Added 04/28/08 Dear Mr. Eldred, Your post
regarding TD axles was brought to my attention. I read with some interest that
"...Probably the best piece of advice I got was not to buy the new axles that
are being offered by suppliers like Moss because they are of inferior
quality."As Product Manager, complaints about fit, finish, durability and
suitability for purpose generally come to my group. When someone makes a
serious statement like yours, we take notice. In some cases, we will discover
that we have a problem. In other cases, we can find no reason why someone
would condemn a product we offer.I have done the research, and the results are
summarized in the attached PDF. Please read through it. If you have personal
knowledge of a Moss manufactured TD-TF axle that failed, I would very much
like to hear the details, because we have no record of any complaint about
these axles. If we have a problem, I very much need to know the particulars so
we can take appropriate action.Please call me at your convenience so we can
discuss this. Best Regards, <<453-220_Axle Shaft_MG TD-TF_any quality
issues_to customer.pdf>> Michael Grant Product Manager Moss Motors, Ltd. 440
Rutherford Street Goleta, CA 93117 805-679-7234 (Direct Line)
grantm at mossmotors.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Eldred"
<redscirocco at hotmail.com> To: <simbafish at comcast.net>; <mg-t at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:44 AM Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Axle or
Differential > Stu, > It's an axle.  I had the same thing happen this summer,
and I got some > good > advice here on the list.  If there's a searchable
database, you can > probably > tap into those messages.  If not, let me know
and I'll forward whatever I > can > find in my inbox. > Probably the best
piece of advice I got was not to buy the new axles that > are > being offered
by suppliers like Moss because they are of inferior quality. > I > was lucky
in that I found a source that had two (I went ahead and replaced > both, just
for GPs) new old stock axles.  There are also suppliers (one > that's > always
on ebay) that offer hardened competition axles for not too much > more. >
There is a garage nearby that specializes in British sports cars, but I > went
> to a neighborhood mechanic - one that I know I can depend on.  He did a >
fine > job.  It should be simple enough to do on your own, but I didn't feel
like > tempting fate.