[Mg-mmm] Identify Lucas lamps

bill at clovermachine.com bill at clovermachine.com
Wed Jun 20 16:07:52 MDT 2018

I have a Lucas 'type R-510' head lamp, I'd like to identify.

About 40 years ago there was a barn full of vintage cars including an
MG 'F type' ...a 4 seater. It was all in a barn owned by a lawyer
(last name Thornton) who sold the property and his assistant was in
charge of selling off the contents of the barn. It was in Fremont,
California. There is a Thornton Ave. near and wondered if it was an
old family property.

I think I bought two of these Lucas lamps, if so, one eludes me at
the moment. I already had the J2 so was not interested in the F.

Photos attached if AutoX will allow attachments, eye glasses for
scale. These lamps are 5 1/2" diameter.

My guess is late 20's / '30s time frame Austin?.

Bill Traill
J2 3343
San Jose, California.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/JPEG which had a name of Lucas 510 -1.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/JPEG which had a name of Lucas 510 -2.jpg]