[Mg-mmm] KD race car for sale

Pete Thelander pthelander at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 09:48:09 MDT 2010

Terry, et al,

Here is the reply I sent out last evening.  I did not get it back so I am
not sure it actually got distributed.  Therefore, I am sending again.  I'm
not sure you will get the attached photos.  I think attachments may not be
allowed in a group message.  If they do not come through, and contact me
off group and I can sent them.

Pete
pthelander at earthlink.net

corresponded with the sales manager at that time to advise him that it was
the NE not the ND that won the 1934 Tourist trophy.   The car was featured
on the HD Theater Channel's program "Chasing Classic Cars", hosted by Wayne
Carini of F40 Motor Cars last night.  I have watched the show for the last
two years, and Mr Carini seems to be serious and would want to have things
right.  But apparently, they did not deem it necessary to correct their
description.

> The car was taken to the Scottsdale, AZ auction in January where it was a
NO SALE at $80 or $85k...I'm never quite sure whether the last figure I
heard was the actual final bid or the next figure they were asking for.  It
is on their website at $125k.  It subsequently showed up at the Monterey
Reunion in August re-done in red & polished alloy, along with the BMC
Technical Service Bus also featured on the show.

> Early in the show Mr Carini is seen with a PA Airline Coupe which
mentions is for his own collection.  Both the Airline and the ND were last
known to be owned by Dick McClure of Stockton, CA.

> Pete Thelander
> pthelander at earthlink.net
>
> PS:  If you are looking for the show, the title of the episode is "The
British Are Coming".
http://www.f40.com/inventorymanager.php?action=view&Id=261327

> > Mg-mmm at autox.team.net
> > Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> > Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> > Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> > Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mg-mmm/pthelander@earthlink.net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P8150115.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P8150110.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P8150112.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P8150113.JPG]