[Mg-mmm] shipping of bits

GRUNAU, ROBT grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 30 03:45:58 MST 2009

Hi Dan,
Several years ago I had the same problem when trying to buy a couple TA
engines and gearboxes and assorted parts from LA, CA. The sellor said local
pickup only and refused to assist in packing the parts up ( not that I blame
him ).  So I asked my long suffering wife if she want to go to LA for a
"holiday" in our old Ford F-150 truck. She said sure.  So as the Beverley
Hillbilly song goes, we loaded up the truck and headed west to California.
Turned out to be a good trip, visited several TC and MMM owners, saw the
Grand Canyon, Al Moss, several other interesting sights, but best of all
bought a whole truck load of interesting TA Tickford and J2 parts in
addition to the TA engines. All in all, a very good trip.. So you might
consider driving out.
Good luck and good hunting,
Bob Grunau