[Mg-mmm] MG PA spark plugs

Lawrie Alexander lawrie at britcars.com
Tue Oct 27 16:52:28 MST 2009

Terry,

I was using BP5HS too. The protruding tip does enable the spark to take place
just barely inside the chamber; a regular 1/2" plug has the gap virtually at
the combustion chamber wall.

My reasoning for a 3/4" plug with a protruding tip is that this would put the
spark well into the area where the mixture comes out from the valve throat,
rather than tucked back against the wall. However, not being an expert on
flame fronts and so forth, maybe I'm completely wrong! That's the reason for
this thread on the list .....

Cheers,

Lawrie