[Mg-mmm] FW: [mg-tabc] TA/TB and MMM spring trunnion repair pieces.

GRUNAU, ROBT grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 4 18:22:38 MDT 2009

  Hi All,
I need new rear spring trunnion repair sets for a couple of MMM and TA cars. I
have investigated the possible manufacture of the repair tube, brass trunnion
slider bearings, spacer washers and threaded nuts as a complete rear
replacement assembly. BTW, both rear hex nuts are left hand thread on both
sides. Phosphour bronze can be used for the bushes if desired ( slight cost
increase ).

If there is sufficient interest, I will proceed with the manufacture. The
pieces will be very well made of high grade steel for the steel parts. The
final price at this time is unknown as the cost will vary greatly with the
numbers produced. This would be a one off batch made on CNC lathe and milling
machines. Initial prices are $225.00 each side for the COMPLETE assembly if
only 25 pieces are made. This price would include steel trunnion chassis
extension repair tube, pair of brass bushes, steel spacer washer with pin,
hardened steel disc next to brass bushes, and a new left hand thread outer
nut. Price will be reduced if you don't need, or want, the complete assembly.
Price would drop to approximately $150.00 each side if I can get enough orders
to make 100 pieces ( 50 cars ).
The same rear trunnion pieces will work for MMM cars and TA/TB. Variation in
spring thickness in the brass bushes can be accomodated in the price.

So if interested, please let me know, I need some idea of quantity to see if
this is a product that people need.
Thanks and best regards, Bob
Bob Grunau
150 Pinewood Trail
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada, L5G-2L1
905-274-4136
grunau.garage at sympatico.ca

The greasing system on the rear trunnions is a
quite odd arrangement and I dont know if anyone
makes the parts - S &V are the most likely source,
and of course you can buy the whole rear trunnion
repair sets to replace the ends of the main cross
tube. Right hand thread one side, but left hand on the
other dont forget!

Clive
===============================
FrC%n: mg-tabc at yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc at yahoogroups.com] FC6r Frank
raham
kickat: den 22 juli 2009 08:53
ill: mg-tabc at yahoogroups.com

_____

mne: [mg-tabc] Re: TA spring trunnion dimensions needed

I am attempting to resurrect a much abused TA chassis. I have the trunnion
oxes for the front springs but nothing at all for the rear o
nes. I am
lanning to make my own trunnion bushings using a 1" bar of CDA 954 Aluminum
ronze which is considered a heavy duty bearing material. I have a lathwe
ad a milling machine so why not! The front springs are in good shape but
he rears have very heavy wear at the rear of the main leaf. I have several
ets of TC springs and I'm planning on having a local spring shop modify a
C main leaf by cutting off most of the rear spring eye and flattening the
emaining end. The TC main leaf is significantly thicker than the very worn
A spring. I need details on the dimensions of the trunnion bushings and the
ear distance piece that I see in the factory parts list. Was the rear
istance piece brass or steel and what was the thickness and diameter? How
uch clearance should there be between the bushing and the spring? I am also
issing the hexagonal cap nuts for the rear trunnions...anyone have spares
or sale or can recommend a good source for these or the rubber dust covers?
Frank

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (5) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Members

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional
  a..  3New Members
  b..  4New Photos
Visit Your Group