[Mg-mmm] FW: Year Books

Bob Grunau grunau.garage at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 28 18:15:06 MST 2009

Hi Terry et All,
I have received several responses to my request for the 1970 MMM Yearbook.
Looking at my 1971 and 1972 yearbooks, these were not the latest and
greatest in typed copy. I wonder if instead of several of us copying poor
originals ( paper and type quality, not content ) if the NAMMM Register
might consider having these three earliest MMM Yearbooks ( 1970, 1971,
1972 ) re-typed on computer and made available by email? We could hire a
good typist ( certainly not me and my 2 fingers )  and reproduce the text in
modern legible format. There were very few photos in these three earliest
yearbooks except for the covers, which could be scanned.
What you think? Tommm Metcalf must be flush with money early in the year and
this might be a worthwhile project. Or those wishing early copies kick in 5
bucks an issue to pay for typing??
I can contribute originals of 1971 and 1972 yearbooks. The 1971/72
Yearbooks were 8 1/4" x 13" wide, folded in half.

Later yearbooks are much better quality paper and type so easier to get good
copies from the originals if anyone wants copies.

Any comments?
Bob Grunau
ps: Dan Fest, sorry  can't respond to your email, either work or home,
bounces back to me.

    I THINK I have filled my collection as above EXCEPT for the 1970 first
    issue.  So if anybody has an extra copy of the 1970 MMM yearbook I'd
like to
    complete the set.  At this stage, a photo copy would be a good
substitute
    for an original 1970 book if someone can send me a copy. Maybe scan it
and
    send by email??

  Bob, I  think you've got the sequence right and I have a complete set
except 1970 also, so if you get an offer of one xeroxed, let me know cause
I'd like a copy too.... Terry
  You are correct of the dates. I too have nearly a complete set except for
the 1970 and 1971 issues .

  I have always thought that I have a complete set except for the last few
years (must rectify that), in that I was able to make photocopies of the
ones for which I have no original (such as 1971 which I thought was the
earliest).

  If you do come up with any earlier ones please let me know!

  I have '70 I could photo copy but no scanner. I could use '71 if you have.

   You are correct about the dates of the issues. The 1970 issue was 42
pages, with all but 4 pages or so of typed text. Too much to scan and email.
I have a Xerox copy which I would be glad to copy for you. My copy is 8-1/2
X 11, whereas the original was, I believe, 10 X 14-1/2 folded in half.