[Land-speed] Transmissions

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 25 15:13:36 MST 2014

Brinns, Berts, Falcons do not have an external clutch. They all have a drive
flange which attaches to the crankshaft. There are diagrams of all of them on
the Internet on their sites. They each have one lower gear and a reverse for
moving in the pits and out on the race track.(usually dirt) the lower gears
are much thinner, about half, of a normal gear and can not take much power.
These transmissions are made for dirt usually having a rear gear of between
5.20 and 6.50. They take as much power as any 4 speed in hi gear only.
Most teams service these internal clutches every year some more often. They
are operated by your hydraulic clutch master cylinder. You put the trans in
first then start pressing on the clutch pedal and the vehicle moves. Removing
your foot from the pedal disengages the trans. Once moving you pull you shift
lever into hi and get ready to race. Direct drive no clutch. You are told not
to slip the internal clutch.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 25, 2014, at 9:22 AM, joyseydevil at comcast.net wrote:
>
> This ad mentions drive flange which sounds like no external clutch .

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFAQFjAB&

url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brinninc.com%2Fbrinntransmissions.html&ei=3rh0VJyZOK3asA

SC-oKQCQ&usg=AFQjCNFe-3wuNHAthgZ7EKjnNAdBdJJfxw&bvm=bv.80185997,d.cWc&cad=rja