[Land-speed] Rear Axle Question

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Thu Nov 6 10:34:10 MST 2014

Thanks, Neil, for that tidbit.  I've thought about the deflection and wondered
if it does make the circumference different from pi x D.  I'll ask the next
question, then -- will a tire's true circumference change as the amount of
inflation is changed?  That is - will a really soft tire's circumference be
different from that of one that's inflated properly - or one that's inflated
to dang near rock-hard?

Thanks.

Jon a/k/a SSS

On Nov 6, 2014, at 11:48 AM, Neil Albaugh wrote:

> The tire's "rolling radius" takes the load deflection into account so it
isn't exactly equal to one half the tire diameter.