[Land-speed] Land Speed Apps...

Neil Albaugh neil at dbelltech.com
Thu Jan 30 16:59:34 MST 2014

I'll second Joe's recommendation of MathCAD. I use it frequently but I'm no
expert. It is handy in that once the equations are entered, all you have to
do is change an already defined variable and the program will automatically
provide a new solution. I'll attach a .pdf of something I've done in MathCAD
13. Versions 11 to 13 contain virtually all the features that you will ever
use and these older versions can sometimes be found on eBay, etc at a good
price. V13 will run on Windows 7; I don't know about the others.

I see no reason for me to change from W7 to W8.1. I upgraded from XP to W7
and now I can take advantage my computer's 64-bit system.

Analyzing suspension geometry is not something that most LSR guys do but it
can keep you from building an evil-handling nightmare. I use Suspension
Analyzer v2.4 from Performance Trends.

Another useful program is Draw; it is part of Open Office, a very useful
FREE software package that is compatible with Microsoft Office. It is not
AutoCAD but it is useful for making 2D scale drawings.

For viewing photos as well as resizing or cropping them, get irfanView-- a
free download.

Keep your computer from getting bogged down with temporary files or unused
registry items, get CCleaner-- another freebie.

Between Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes (both free), I have
dumped Norton Anti-Virus.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ