[Land-speed] Carb Lean Out Help Needed.

Ed Van Scoy ed at vetteracing.com
Sun Feb 9 21:27:51 MST 2014

It could be a lot of things, but the most obvious would be a jetting problem.
maybe go up a few numbers. Also an over-looked tuning aspect is the air
bleeds.... high speed bleeds in this case. The high speed air bleed or also
referred to as the "main bleed" correlates to the main system. The high speed
air bleed controls how much air is fed to the emulsion channels of the
metering block. The emulsion channels distribute that air further to different
parts of the main well where it mixes with fuel and ultimately goes to the
booster. The high speed air bleed is generally located closest to the squirter
when looking at most race carburetors. In my case, once you get the bleeds
right, I leave them alone, but I chase the tune at Bonneville by changing carb
main jets..... In his case richer might help.
Ed