[Land-speed] Definition of "Cowl"

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Sep 12 09:45:32 MDT 2013

Ok, so I have a clunky Sunbeam Modified Sports vehicle.  Body is pretty
much intact as when it left the factory 47 years ago.  I know from the
rule book that I can modify the forward end of the car's body from the
*cowl forward, including the cowl*, but so far, I can find no definition
of what and where the cowl begins? Is there an official definition
somewhere?  Toying with stretching the wheel base and putting a more
aero front end on the car..Why? I have no idea, lol...

waiting on news of WF and dry salt.

mayf