[Land-speed] Fwd: Re: LSR Brake Question

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at cal.net
Fri Oct 11 18:34:01 MDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Land-speed] LSR Brake Question
Date: 	Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:17:54 -0700
From: 	Bryan Savage <b.a.savage at cal.net>
To: 	drmayf at mayfco.com

Well what do you ACTUALLY use the wheel brakes for at Bonneville? They
are necessary if the wind is blowing down the course, in your face with
vigor, and you don't want to be pulled backwards. They are also useful
when unloading from the transport vehicle. With a real Bonneville race
vehicle you don't use them for stopping above 10 or 20 MPH. I can't see
any advantage for a specific axle. It seems to me that the best choice
would be the simplest installation. A hand brake to the rear axle sounds
good to me.

Cheers and good luck Mayf...

Bryan (in Placerville, CA.)