[Land-speed] LSR Brake Question

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Fri Oct 11 17:32:55 MDT 2013

Ok, so I am running 4 wheel disk brakes now.  Why? Well, when I started
the activity I was dumber than a bag of squash, but smarter than
broccoli. Not much, but some.  So I have a dual master cylinder and a
proportioning valve to help keep the rears from locking up. My question
is, IF I got smart (???) and decided to go to one axle braking only,
which axle would be best? In road cars, the front does the majority of
heavy lifting in the  braking department, but is that necessarily a good
thing on a salt car?  I tend to lean to having the brakes on the rar
axle but am not sure why, lol...  Is there a good technical reason other
than "well, dang, that's the way it has always been done"  answer?

With a smaller master cylinder I might be able to just go with a brake
lever and eliminate that pesky brake pedal mess under the dash.

Love to hear comments..even those that question my sanity, smartness,
dumb ness, ugliness or what ever. As long as there is a kernal in the
email about brakes that lends itself to a pearl of wisdom for me.

fire away!

mayf