[Land-speed] Dry Sump Oil Pan Question

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Nov 18 12:01:17 MST 2013

I am sitting here with a bit of time on my hands waiting for parts for
my Sunbeam Tiger. So I though I would surf around..Was looking at dry
sump oil pans on eBay and I see that virtually all are for circle track
use. So I asks myself, is there a difference between a pan for circle
and one used exclusively for straight line use.  Any body know of any
specific only to straight line use? Would that make a difference? If
there is no difference, why are all stipulated (maybe) for circle
track?  If there is a difference, what would that difference be?

  larry