[Land-speed] Towing ( near LSR )

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Tue Mar 26 12:40:57 MDT 2013

I already posted this on a new Landracing Forum, but wanted everybody to
see it.....Thanks !

Does anybody have a grip on what the actual realistic capacity for both
towing AND carrying passengers/gear on/in a Crew type pick up or Suburban
type rig? All the manufacturer ads tout towing capacity and also passengers and
 gear, but not specifically if you could actually load up both to those
claims.
An extreme example would be a six passenger crew cab, loaded bed, and
whatever the maximum advertised towing capacity. Tongue weight is recommended
like around 10%, so some of the biggest tow capacities around 16K would
suggest 1600 lbs on the tongue. If it's a crew, that's six @ over 150 lbs  @,
and the actual rolling towed trailer. That's 2500 lbs, plus, carried and  a
lot of rolling pull. I'd assume it's either passengers and stuff, or the tow,
not both.
Whaddya you think?