[Land-speed] Oil and Filter Recommendations...

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun Jul 28 08:17:29 MDT 2013

Ok, so I have drained the break in oil (Shell Rotella T 15W 40, from the
new Sunbeam race motor and cleaned out the pan. Now it is time to put in
the really good (read expensive) stuff.  I know you folk builkd race
motors better than me, so how about you telling me, and the rest  of us,
what you recommend for a filter for race and which synthetic oil you
think is best?  This motor has basically all standard bearing clearances
and some of the newer metric piston rings, gap less. Roller lifters,
roller rockers, timing chain Torrington thrust bearing. All pretty
standard stuff...  Good race journal bearings.

Whadda ya think? Tell me?

mayf