[Land-speed] 1987 Chevy Turbo Sprint

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Jan 21 18:55:10 MST 2013

Well, tt shocks me to say this, but I am getting old, lol. And I have
realized that i have one project too many. This is the 1987 Chevy Turbo
Sprint, all 993 cc displacement of it, that I am never going to get
around to turning into a salt flats car.  The car is for sale. Bring a
trailer, lol... While is is compatible with the salt idea,it is not a
restoration project.  I bought it because the interior was mainly
gone..aw hell, it is gone. No back seats, no upholstery, has two front
seats good for roosting chickens, but the glass is ok. It was a local
Las Vegas car and I think I may be the fourth owner. The original owner,
I have all of his records, actually took good care of the running gear
and there is no rust.  There is a big BUT,  however, and that is, it was
parked in a parking lot and the car next to it caught on fire and
blistered the paint on that side as well and gently melting some of the
plastic. The insurance company must have totaled it.  I have a
replacement for the tail light assy on that side as well as the little
button that holds the rear glass closed.  The folks who had the car
immediately before I bought it had tried to turn it into some kind of
street racer.  They had put on a very  very large intercooler and it was
plumbed in so that turbo lag was never gone. And it was between the VAF
and the throttle body so a lot of air had to move before the EFI could
even determine that something was happening.  In putting in the giant
IC, which is now gone, they hacked the front bumper cover. Good news is
that I purchased a new one!  The head light attachment brackets are
broken and the head lights are tie wrapped on, lol...  It has f pretty
good alloy wheels on the car and they might be worth something. Tires
are ok but they are too big and hit the front fenders.  So the car is a
perfect mess from which to build a no nonsense salt car. I just do not
have the energy any longer. I was going to make it first a production
car, then altered and so on just by changing a few things.  It was for
my wife who I am beginning to suspect has a no way in hell attitude, am
I gonna drive fast on the salt.

So, anybody want to make me an offer or even ask questions or want
photos? I can shoot what ever  you want and send them to you.  I don't
think I would drag it very far on a trailer though, cost of fuel would
soon over run price of the car, lol...

SO, somebody make me an offer, please, before divorce proceedings begin,
lol..

mayf