[Land-speed] Ford Motor Tunign Question

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Tue Aug 27 12:51:55 MDT 2013

To some of you the subject line might be an oxy moronic question, lol,
but to me it is a real issue.  The problem is thsat it starts and seems
to run just fine but after about 20 seconds, it starts a sound on only
the passenger side that is a rat a tat rat a tat rat ....sound. Almost
like it has become a 2 stroke on that side.  I tune and run EFI on this
motor so for those who do not use EFI may I ask if you know of any
mechanical issue that would cause it to runt hat way on only one side?
I am stumped. For the EFI crowd, after about 20 seconds the efi changes
mode and spark drops from about 30 degrees to under 20 degrees. I
suspect that is the problem but I do not know how to fix that...   I am
currentl;yu researching teh documentation that is available for cranking
mode to see if I can find something that tells me that widget x is
broken and needs to be replaced or simply turn knob a it it will be
magically fixed.  I use a Ford OEM A9P EEC computer with a Tweecer as
the tuner chip. It worked just fine in 2010... This motor is normally
aspirated with 11.4 CR and good stuff inside.

Thoughts comments help or suggestions..

larry