[Land-speed] Synthetic Motor oil

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Sat Aug 10 09:07:14 MDT 2013

I'm in agreement with Brian that  rears should use only hyphoid lubes.
Transmission on the other hand depend on what lube they were designed for.
T5 was designed for ATF as a lube as was the TREMAC.
I found the T5 shifted better with Mobil 1 30 wt engine oil, I didn't
experiment with the TREMAC.  With the liner, I use a Jerico 4 speed.  Since
it started out design of a Ford top loader, I haven't used anything but
75-90 Mobil 1 Hyphoid lube.  I'm not sure I'll go lighter than this for some
time in the trans or rear.