[Land-speed] Team.Net

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Nov 19 16:11:31 MST 2012

The Team.Net email lists are back in operation.  I hope to get the web
pages, like the archives and the mailman interface back soon as well.
And the forums, I still have some of those old photos to post.

Basically what happened is that the SATA controller for the hard drives
began failing thursday night.  I didn't realize this as the errors all
pointed to failures of the disks themselves, one in particular. I spent
a fair bit of effort moving everything to the one disk I thought was
still good, and the server would run for 15, 30, 45 minutes at a time
before wedging with a 150+ load average.

I finally realized the disks themselves were fine and what was causing
the trouble.  I shuffled around some duties among my other machines and
now one is hosting Team.Net.  Can't really say when I can get the Dell
server fixed and move back to it.  It is a faster machine than the temp
server.  I don't think any messages that actually made it to the server
were lost, hopefully no holes in the archives.

So after spending the weekend whacking on computers at least the email
lists are back, and I think I may get to bed a little earlier tonight.
You guys owe me double overtime for all the weekend work!

mjb.