[Land-speed] Tires for my Trailer

Kirkwood saltfever at comcast.net
Wed May 16 21:55:21 MDT 2012

So Skip . . . what pressure do you use now?

Pretty hard to find a non-specialty tire not made in China. Even the
Goodyear Marathon is now made-to-spec in China. SEMA lobbied for a tariff on
Chinese wheels and tires to protect American tire producers about 2 years
ago. They won on the tires and lost on the wheels. That resulted in an
immediate price increase of $15-$20 for the consumer! Goodyear Marathon's,
that used to be $99 are now about $120, and are made in China. Aluminum
wheels has no tariff.

From: "Skip Higginbotham" <saltrat at pahrump.com>

(edit . . . ) I stopped listening to tire shops who wanted me to run 50 psi.
Also no Chinese tires ever again!!!!