[Land-speed] Intake manifold question and request for a surplus small fuel cell

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon May 7 11:52:35 MDT 2012

Couple of questions:
First, any of you have one of those small drag race fuel cells, the kind
that sits vertically and is about 8 or 9 inches square in cross section
and holds about 3 gallons?   I am looking for a used one with all the
fittings to put on an engine run stand.   In ya got one you can part
with, I pay shipping and cost, natch. Shoot me a note?

Next question is a general recommendation between two different
manifolds I have for a small block ford. really small block, lol.  I
have a Edelbrock Torker II that I modified for  EFI and I used it on my
306 turbo motor. In that case, I figured that flow losses would be made
up for by the turbo boost increase knob, lol.  Seemed to work ok. But
now this new motor is normally aspirated. I was considering a Victor jr
with efi bungs for this motor, but hen again it has large ports, fairly
long runners, etc. Made for anything from 302 to 347 cid or so.  I am
concerned that port velocities and such will be detrimental with a
manifold with large runners like this. Thoughts? Comments?  I do not
want to give up HP at any costs, lol.

Ok, laugh machine on full now...

mayf