[Land-speed] Trailer and truck

23weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 13:23:41 MDT 2012

BJ -- Thanks for your comment.  That Ford big 6 is a fine efficient engine.
Problem is that I have very limited space in my driveway and a full size truck
is a trial to maneuver for everyday driving.   Since Brian King sold me the
Golddigger my whole racing program changed allowing, among other things, an
opportunity to reduce the physical size of everything to better fit my needs.
Exception being the length of the car and fitting it into my shop.  There's a
long discussion in the Landracing.com technical section about my questions
regarding rebuilding the lakester chassis in 3 pieces so I can easily get it
into my shop.
The Golddigger weighs 1800 lbs wet and I've fairly closely calculated that all
the support stuff will come in under 600 lbs.  Total weight 3000 lbs to tow.
And a trailer I can actually move around empty and easily back down my curvy
hillside driveway towable with 200hp and a 110" wheelbase tow rig.