[Land-speed] ???? Sort

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Sat Mar 31 12:43:30 MDT 2012

In a message dated 3/31/2012 1:24:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
23.weldon at comcast.net writes:

About  the trailer ........ This looks near perfect for a 2000 lb.
lakester.
http://www.alumaklm.com/tandem-axle-utilities/item/10-6316-utility-trailer.h
tml
Costs  around $4.5K. delivered to CA.  Any thoughts?
With the pricey engine  and some further tow vehicle investment it looks
like
a better deal than a  late model or new purchase.  I'm trying to keep the
tow
vehicle/everyday driver a small, easy to maneuver size, non smog and
something I can easily maintain. .................. Ed  Weldon

Considering it is an open trailer , do you have any concerns about security
 or storage for all The Stuff ?
By security, I mean every time the loaded rig is unattended, as in parking
lots en route, at the hotel, like that ? By storage, I mean is everything
in the  tow vehicle ? If not, is it on the trailer and then that goes back to
issue one.
I have a Thule Aluminum 20ft "Aero". Security and lightweight are the
positives, being cumbersome and     gas consumption from the  over 50sq ft
frontal are the negatives. I pull with a Honda Pilot, a decent  every day driver,
for the minimal times I tow @ year, a Diesel Pick Up is not an  option.
I like that rig, would love to have reasons to downsize. Does it have
options like Electric brakes or ramps ?
I checked and have an Aluma dealer not far from here.
Bob Wanner , Honda Insight # 343