[Land-speed] IN Car Communications

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Jan 18 08:45:46 MST 2012

Many times when I am ou watchng cars and not in line waiting my turn, I
hear the tow crew come on the CB line with comments like the driver
reports he lost the motor or blew a tire or some other disaster in the
run downrange.  My question is: How does the driver talk to the crew in
the tow truck? I can see big utility in having an in car comm system to
notify the tow that something is amiss  but I have never looked to see
what could and can be used.   I can also see where a peer to peer ad hoc
network on the salt might also be helpful for data gathering and
communication as well.

So, I'd like to hear from any and all about their systems in car and in
pit and tow that they might have. I think I would like to invest in one
also if I don't have to rob the main Chinese bank (ours don't have any
money, lol)...

Comments? Thoughts?

mayf