[Land-speed] ???? Seems to be very Quiet..

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun Apr 1 07:06:32 MDT 2012

Well, g'day to you, My Harris!  Been a while since we last emailed.  A
wet summer season...might be a dream I could wish for, lol. Being in
Pahrump, NV, our average annual rainfall is less than 3 inches, mostly
way less.  It sounds as iff you are readying for an assault on the salt
this summer. I hope success comes your way.  What is the new ECU ?EFI
system?  I also have to build my  fuel and spark tables along with some
other  items hat are scalars constant to the motor.  I kept looking at
the notion of fuel and spark and decided that the way for me, and this
is for me only, lol, was to build my tables so that spark was safe and
then fiddle with the fuel tables which are load and temperature based as
well as RPM.  I rescaled the axes on everything to reach a 200% load
level (boosted motor),  then data logged everything to make sure it was
safe.  I don't have individual cylinder tuning since I use a sock Ford
ECU with a programmable tuning chip but it works ok for me.  I hope to
make it to the salt this year, but I am having trouble finding pistons.
Even when I pay money to have them made, lol. Waiting for a set right
now.  Also waiting for my crank to make it back from the grinder and
balancer shop in SoCal area.

Maybe Sept or October for me...

Thanks for chatting! Always appreciated.

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile