[Land-speed] Re Dumb Question # 4857 - Wrist Pin Diameters .

John Burk joyseydevil at comcast.net
Thu Nov 24 17:20:36 MST 2011

Mayf

I could make a pretty good guess . Word of Chevy developing a killer ohv v8
leaked out . Ford rushed their quick and dirty ohv Y block into production a
year ahead in 1954 and ate crow till they sheepishly introduced their SBC
clone in 1961 . Their light weight , low deck , large bore , short stroke is
cool . Ours is lighter , lower , larger , and shorter . Their wrist pins are
an odd small diameter , our's are odd and smaller .

John