[Land-speed] Dumb Question # 4857 - Wrist Pin Diameters

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Thu Nov 24 14:51:17 MST 2011

That's a simple one, Mayf.  I'm surprised you didn't figure it out.

.927" = 23.546 mm, and .912" - 23.165mm.  Both are pretty common metric
measurements, I guess.

There -- now does it make sense?

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim

On Nov 24, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Larry Mayfield wrote:

Ok, now that I have been educate on the facts that GM wrist pins are far
more prevalent than the Ford pins, here is a corollary  question:  What
the heck is up with the odd ball diameters of the pins? When I looked
through a listing of pins, I don't think I found any with what I would
consider a nominal dimension.  I mean, fords is 0.912 inches and GM's is
0.927.  Why the odd dimension used?