[Land-speed] dumb Question # 4856 - Wrist pins

Dave Dahlgren dahlgren536 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 10:51:36 MST 2011

the GM pin is very readily available and very well developed for both light
and strong. honing the rods and pistons to the new diameter will not
sacrifice any real strength for an easier to get much more plentiful part.
It is a matter of economics lower cost of manufacture to provide a lower
cost of purchase. The tech term is 'greenbacks' or 'closing the sale'..
there is no other science beyond that. Any real quality move is for the very
few that do not consider Summit and Jegs the last word in racing or use its
catalog as an encyclopedia.. sigh..