[Land-speed] OT: Bel lhousing wanted

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Nov 14 19:39:09 MST 2011

I am building up a 260 motor for bragging rights in the Sunbeam Tiger
world.  I plan on fabricating a run stand  for break in and EFI sorting
initially. But, I need something to hold the rear of the block up and
hold the starter. On a ford that is the bell housing.  And I am no
longer strong enough to use a rope starter on something that big, lol.
I really would like to have a 5 bolt Ford Bell housing that fits a C4
automatic tranny. Since I have a C4 but with a 6 bolt bell housing,  I
could if I wanted, stuff that trans combo into the Orange car, my Tiger
since 1967.  So, if any of ya wander around junk yards in your neck of
the woods, could you ask if they might have such a beast and let me know
if they do? While I don't mind buying one, the one on ebay righ tnow is
a bit pricey at 500 bucks.  And it needs to fit teh small block ford:
221, 260 or early 289 with the 5 bolt pattern.  And lastly, cheap is
really good!

I appreciate ya keeping me in mind when you go "shopping".

mayf