[Land-speed] Still Asking Motor Questions, lol..

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun Mar 13 06:25:15 MST 2011

Well, thanks to the folk who answered my basic question. As a result of
the answer that Dave gave and Rick seconded strongly, I went searching
some more.  I have located a 4340 forged 289 crank AND 5.155 H beam
forged 4340 rods. The compression height for the 289 is the same for the
302 with teh OEM rod and stroke lengths. When I think about it, that has
to be since the deck height is the same.  Forged 302 dished pistons are
readily available so no issue at all there.

Rotating assy solved!

Now to just get the stuff....

Thanks again!