[Land-speed] Another thought

dan warner dwarner230 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 13:42:13 MST 2011

Interesting Don, good luck.

DW

--- On Sun, 3/6/11, Don McMeekin <landspeed at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

From: Don McMeekin <landspeed at columbus.rr.com>
Subject: [Land-speed] Another thought
To: "LSR LSR" <land-speed at autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 7:24 PM

The McMeekin Bros. have been busy this winter working on a project to replace
the straight 8 Buick engine in the 240sx. The Buick thing darn near did us in
with a continuous  parade of nagging problems and we are ready to move on.
Sometimes moving on is the right thing to do when  all else has failed and you
don't know what to try next.

Talk about convoluted logic. Somehow we decided that we would build 1/2 of a
Ford Windsor engine to run at Speed Week this year in the 3 liter class. Not
because there aren't any good 4 cyl engines out there ( there are plenty of
excellent choices ), but because it sounded like an interesting project. Well,
we're into this Ford too deeply to turn around, so in spite of the advice of
friends and fellow racers, it's full speed ahead. The engine will make use of
the usual NASCAR stuff and will be configured to run the right bank in an
inline four fashion. We expect to make about 350 hp if everything works as
intended and , with some luck, compete for a record in the F/GC and F/GALT
classes.

Hope this gets the list moving in a different direction, Don
Land-speed at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums