[Land-speed] BBC Firing Order .

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Fri Jun 3 08:44:09 MDT 2011

John,
You are probably on the right track. I would think that 5 and 7 firing
together and being far away from the cam drive gear would impart more of a
twist to the crank than would 4 and 2. If this is the case, then the rear
cylinders could be closer to the correct valve timing with the new firing
order. Dyno tests say it gives a little more power....more is better??!! and
runs smoother....smoother would imply less interference from harmful
harmonics. Small improvements sometimes result from subjective
analysis.......I needed to chage cams anyway......
Skip