[Land-speed] Cooling an 8-71

Kirkwood saltfever at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 23:28:08 MDT 2011

Yeah Skip, it is a perilous problem. Right now you have a very lean mix up
there. You know how lean AFR acts . . . lazy, slow-burn, and most likely not
ignitable. As you increase the AFR inside the blower you raise the potential
for an explosion.  IMHO, I would never run a blower near stoich. I would be
very far away from stoich (either side, rich or lean). Probably why the shop
won't give a quantitative answer.

. . . The guys at the blower shop say it to be cooler but won't say
how much gas needs to go through the blower. Right now I have
15% going through the blower and 85% through the port nozzles.
My inclination is to go to 25/75 or 30/60.....maybe the latter
just to be safe.
Skip