[Land-speed] Cooling an 8-71

saltrat at pahrump.com saltrat at pahrump.com
Sat Jul 23 15:10:31 MDT 2011

I have been having trouble keeping the teflon seals in my 8-71.
The teflon melts and chunks out of the rotors after about 3 runs
at the salt at 18% overdrive on a 430 inch engine.
The guys at the blower shop say it to be cooler but won't say
how much gas needs to go through the blower. Right now I have
15% going through the blower and 85% through the port nozzles.
My inclination is to go to 25/75 or 30/60.....maybe the latter
just to be safe.

Someone know what is best? Or have an opinion....

Thank you,
Skip